Play for All Conference 2020
April 15 - June 30$99
This annual conference brings together leading play researchers, park and recreation professionals, educators, health scientists, architects, landscape architects, designers, planners, business and community leaders, psychologists, physicians and parents from across the country.
“PLAY FOR ALL” will explore play across the lifespan and address universal issues of health, education, access, equity, inclusion, design and more.
The event includes keynote and featured speakers, PLAYtalks, PLAYinstitutes, research symposium, educational sessions, roundtables, grant opportunities, networking, and opportunities for play.
UPDATED INFORMATION DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK:
Hi Play friends,
I hope this message finds you all safe and healthy. What a week it has been! Thank you to those who responded to our email about the first-ever online Conference on the Value of Play! I’m thrilled to say that more than half of our presenters have agreed to take part so far. Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and support!
We are pleased that so many of you feel the same way that the US Play Coalition Steering Committee and I do – that our conference takes on a new importance at times like these. People need play now more than ever as we all practice social distancing and take measures to avoid large gatherings.
We have been working hard to map out the details for reframing the conference, including a registration fee for the online conference and refunds:
* Most of the ONLINE conference will be recorded content – more than 50 presentations to date. It will be available (hopefully!) by April 15, and registered attendees will have through June 30, 2020 to watch and learn at their own pace.
* There will be a few online “Live” presentations by headliners Lise Aangeenbrug, Michael Hynes and others during our original conference dates. These presentations will be recorded and included in the ONLINE conference content.
* In addition to access to the live and recorded content, registered attendees will also receive an invitation to join a closed LinkedIn group for 2020 ONLINE Play Conference attendees to connect with PLAY colleagues, share resources and engage around the VALUE of play year-round!
* The ONLINE conference registration fee will be $199 for members and $249 for non-members.
* Those of you who paid for a full conference registration will receive a refund to the new ONLINE conference registration fee detailed above.
* There will be a $25 administrative fee for those requesting full refunds.
* Please use this link to let us know how to handle your registration – http://bit.ly/3dajIUq
Given the Clemson University campus closure, I will be processing refunds myself over the next 2 weeks. Please be patient with me and know that I am working as quickly as I can!
I hope you will stay with us for the FIRST EVER ONLINE Conference on the Value of Play, engaging virtually in the interest of public health, wellness, safety and education!
(We will be in touch with our presenters soon with more details about how to capture your online presentations.)
Also! We will open registration for the 2020 ONLINE Play Conference to new attendees soon! So, if you have play friends who couldn’t originally be with us, please let them know! We will share registration details as soon as they are available.
Stay healthy and PLAYful!
Stephanie P. Garst
Executive Director, US Play Coalition